There’s a fantastic opportunity to join the team at National Animal Welfare Trust’s (NAWT) Trindledown Farm in Great Shefford. They are looking for someone to take up the role of Centre Admin. It’s is a unique position, and the successful candidate will have an organised approach to their work, with excellent attention to detail and good overall IT skills, including the use of social media. Previous experience of event planning and/or social media is desirable but not essential.
Please see below for further information together with the job description and how to apply:
You will be dealing with event planning, internal and external customers and will be able to work on your own initiative as well as being able to work cooperatively with a range of colleagues. You will have a positive and proactive approach to work, with excellent customer service skills, and the empathy and resilience to deal with sometimes challenging situations; having the customer and the charity at the heart of everything you do.
So, if you are the kind of person who enjoys a busy and varied role, with an empathy for the aims of NAWT, and would relish the opportunity to gain lots of experience in different areas – this may be the job for you!
About the role:
You’ll play a vital role at NAWT’s Berkshire Centre and will be responsible for retail and event activities whilst providing an efficient, friendly and empathetic customer care service to visitors and callers. This diverse position plays a pivotal part, collating important information from all aspects of a busy rescue centre.
You will be part of a small friendly team who are all committed to improving the lives of pets in the community. Reporting to the Centre Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
– Managing eBay/Marketplace sales and online and onsite retail activity and seeking/creating new opportunities for income revenue including merchandising.
– Managing events, school tours and visits and assisting with fundraising activities.
– Assisting with online presence by updating websites and social media.
– Welcoming visitors to the Centre and taking calls, providing that all important first impression to build positive relationships.
– Facilitating the rehoming and intake process by completing paperwork, arranging homing appointments and providing accurate information to relinquishers and adopters during the process.
– Responsibility for general office administration and banking.
If you feel you have the right skills to be a successful Centre Administrator & Receptionist at our Berkshire centre, please send your CV with your cover letter to email@example.com at NAWT Berkshire.
Please note due to our location it is preferable to be able to drive, or have your own mode of transport, as there is no public transport available to the centre.
Location: NAWT Berkshire Centre, Trindledown Farm, Wantage Road, Great Shefford, Berkshire, RG17 7DQ
Hours: 35 per week (working every other weekend with some flexibility of days worked during the week )
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Closing Date: 22/8/2022
Please note we are accepting applications on a rolling basis and may close the recruitment process for this role prior to the deadline, so early applications are encouraged. Unfortunately, we are only able to make contact with those applicants who will be invited to interview.