About Read Easy UK
Read Easy UK is a charity provides free, confidential one-to-one reading coaching for adults, from trained volunteers, through their locally run volunteer groups.
They want all adults in the UK to have the literacy skills they need to fulfil their potential and live life to the full, helping them to improve their employment opportunities and support their own children’s learning.
Becoming a Read Easy Reading Coach at Read Easy UK
- If you would like to become a Read Easy Reading Coach no previous experience of teaching people to read is required
- Full training is given and once complete you will be linked with an adult who wants to improve their reading, and will then help them work through the Turning Pages phonics-based reading programme.
- Approximately 2-4 hours per week of your time will be needed to carry out the role
Becoming a Read Easy Pioneer at Read Easy UK
- The role of a Read Easy Pioneer is to set-up a Read Easy Group of volunteers within their area
- Pioneers are guided through the process by their Regional Adviser who is always available to provide plenty of support and access to all the resources needed
- Once established, each new group is legally and financially independent, but affiliated to Read Easy UK as part of a wider network of groups.
- Approximately 8 hours per week of your time will be needed to carry out the role
Jacquie Holt (pic) is a Reading Coach at Read Easy UK and she talked about her role during the Yabber Yabber show on Friday 15th October and you can listen to that interview via the following link:
The interview is approximately 85 minutes into the recording.
If you would like to find out more about becoming a Read Easy Reading Coach or a Pioneer, please email: email@example.com To watch and read some wonderful stories from their Readers and Volunteers, please visit: readeasy.org.uk