Here’s news of how you can take part in the world’s largest tea party and raise much needed funds for The Guide Dogs charity and you could be a world record breaker:
- Host a Virtual Tea Party
Sign up to host a virtual tea party with your friends and family or people you work with. Your tea parties can be hosted anytime, any day and even face to face if local government guidelines allow.
When you sign up for the Virtual Tea Party Pack, you’ll get a step-by-step guide, bunting, cake flags and a pair of dog ears for the tea party host to wear.
Sign up for your tea party pack on the website guidedogs.org.uk/teatime
There are several options to host your online gathering, depending on how many people will be joining and the devices you want to use:
- FaceTime allows up to 32 people on a call (Apple devices only)
- WhatsApp calling allows up to 8 people to join a call
- Facebook Messenger allows you to create a group and call with 8 people
- Zoom is free and easy to set up, you can send out an invitation for others to join. There is a 40-minute limit on the free version, but you can organise 2 back-to-back with a 5 minute ‘tea’ break!
2. Be a Record Breaker & Post Your Tea Party Selfie
Just like last year, we are asking everyone to come together on 21 April on Facebook between 3-4pm to post a selfie of themselves holding a cup to help us smash our own Guinness World Records title for the most photos uploaded in an hour. Last year we had 4021 photos – this year we’d love 10,000!
It’s easy to join in, simply go to http://bit.ly/360nKgu and click ‘Going’. You’ll be sent notifications of how to join in the record attempt and there will be the option for supporters to make a donation for the price of their cuppa – either on the Facebook post, on our website or via text to donate.
Website donations can be made guidedogs.org.uk/donate
Text to donate Guide2 to donate £2
Guide5 to donate £5
Guide10 to donate £10
You can listen to Sue White the treasurer of West Berks Guide dogs, talk to Chris about this event during the Yabber Yabber show on the 5th March by clicking on the following link: